Monday, July 6, 2015

So Fresh & So Green Green!

Camping in a valley between a handful of 13ers & 14ers in the Colorado Rockies next to lush green fields alive with gorgeous butterflies, colorful wildflowers and rapidly moving babbling creek engorged with the last of the mountain run off reminds me of how small we are in the scope of life....


A lot of people grow up in cities and NEVER get into nature their entire time in this world. If it's not your thing, that's fine.

I would like to encourage the human species as a whole to stop and look around. If you live in a concrete jungle, look at it....grab a chair step back from your computer or TV, sit down and look at your environment. When is the last time you thought about the world around you instead of just you in your own little world? Those buildings, the roads, sidewalks, people walking by and so on. Sit on your balcony or deck or whatever you have access to and watch the world if you don't have the time or means to escape. 

The weight of our own little world is, at times, mentally and physically painful. Disconnect from electronics for a day or two. Take an extra day off work, pick a spot on a map that's at least a couple of hours away and go. I promise your mind will recharge and life will feel a little bit better.


I did just that this weekend over the 4th of July. Friday was a paid day off at my work, thankfully. But 3 days off wasn't enough. I knew I needed to disconnect, to recharge my battery, get away and unwind so I took Thursday and Monday off as well. My sweet boyfriend was in the same boat, needing a recharge so, we loaded up the Subie and headed out.



A 3 hour drive landed us at a breathtaking camp site recommend by a friend. Wow...just wow! I felt world's away from what was weighing me down. The beauty of this planet is a gift.





After 3 awesome days camping it was time to head home. We decided to check out Aspen, CO since it was kind of close. We drove over Independence Pass which is only open part of the year. Independence Pass is on the continental divide on a very high point in the Rocky Mountains. 






For very little money I had a beautiful get away and never even left my state. Get out there people! Find all the gorgeous places where you live. Turn off your electronics. Recharge your mental battery. Sit outside in the SUNSHINE! 




No comments:

Post a Comment